Having a new baby is a truly amazing experience – but it can also be very stressful. Coping with persistent crying can be particularly distressing and difficult to cope with making it sometimes very hard to bond with your little one. The urge to quiet and comfort your baby is instinctual but the ability to do so is a skill that has to be learned.
At Baby n You we provide small classes or private one to one classes in your home for you to learn about the ‘missing 4th trimester’, crying and colic and how to trigger a profound soothing response- the calming reflex with simple, precise and inexpensive techniques.
In 2002, Dr. Karp stunned the medical world by solving the 3000-year-old mystery of colic with his discovery of the calming reflex – the incredible “off-switch” for infant crying and on switch for baby sleep that can soothe most fussy babies in minutes… or less and add 1-3 hours to a baby’s sleep. Since the initial release of his work, this award winning DVD and book, The Happiest Baby on the Block, have literally redefined our understanding of the needs of newborns.
Never again will parents have to stand by helpless while their poor baby cries and cries. There IS a cure for colic. Dr. Karp shows the world that we do not have to let our babies cry it out.
In a thought-provoking new view of infancy, Dr. Karp blends modern science and ancient wisdom to prove that newborns are not really ready for the world when they are born. Through his research and experience, he has developed four basic principles that are crucial for understanding babies…improving their sleep…and, soothing their senses.
Suzy Scott is a Certified Happiest Baby Educator and can teach you how to soothe your baby using Dr. Karp’s techniques, activating the calming reflex, a virtual off-switch for infants up to 3 months.
The 2 hour class will cover:
- The Missing 4th Trimester: As odd as it may sound, one of the main reasons babies cry is because they are born three months too soon.
- The Calming Reflex: The automatic reset switch that can stop a baby’s crying…and boost a baby’s sleep…during the first months of life.
- The 5 S’s: Five simple steps that trigger the calming reflex (swaddling, side/stomach position, shushing, swinging and sucking). For centuries, parents have tried these methods only to fail because, as with a knee reflex, the calming reflex only works when it is triggered in exactly the right way.
- The Cuddle Cure: The perfect mix the 5 S’s that can soothe even most colicky infants and add hours to their sleep.
- What is colic?
- Why is baby crying more common in the evening?
- How can a parent calm a fussy baby – in mere minutes?
- Can babies be spoiled?
- When should a parent of a fussy baby call the doctor?
- What can a parent do to instantly boost their baby’s sleep?
The 2 hour class includes:
- The Happiest Baby on the Block DVD
- Super Soothing Sleep Sounds CD
- Follow up support the day after the class
I know as you read this you will think it’s too good to be true or that you would have heard of it before now but it really does work and makes a massive difference to family life once everyone is getting more sleep!! Having just had a baby myself I can safely say I would have been lost without it!
If you have any questions or you would like to book a session please get in touch.