Sepsis is a rare but potentially deadly reaction to infection.
Baby n You is delighted to work in partnership with Michael Walne of Your Nutrition Matters to bring this Weaning Workshop to Glasgow’s West End.
This weaning workshop has been developed as a result of feedback from families regarding the confusion and sometimes frustration they have experienced trying to conduct their own research into the correct way to begin their weaning journey, in trying to ensure their child develops a healthy and appreciative relationship with a wide range of healthy and nutritious foods.
Unlike traditional weaning fayres our workshops offer parents definitive answers, look into the psychology behind food choices and healthy relationships with food and address the pyhysiology of the development of a child’s palate.
The main focal points include
* Baby Led Weaning and Responsive Spoon Feeding – The practices, differences and relative merits of the two most common approaches to weaning.
* When and How to start weaning – Why the current guidelines recommend waiting until 6 months. This includes a look at internal development/ gut health/ physical readiness.
* Food – How to prepare, when to offer, what to serve
* Timing – How to choose the best foods, when to introduce a variety of food groups, seasoning.
* How the palate forms and how food choices impact upon this. Why a baby’s developing palate is an important consideration, how this impacts on eating and food related behaviour in babyhood and later life.
* The psychology of food choices – How our own experiences as parents can impact on how and what we choose to feed our children.
Workshops are always open-forum; so you may ask questions as we go, with time for questions between sections: no question is irrelevant! You can also send any info / inquiries / concerns ahead of workshop date
The next weaning workshop will be on Tuesday 5th September 10.30 – 12.30 at 4 Victoria Circus, G12 9LD. This workshop is limited at 10 people. The 2hr workshop with handouts and refreshments is £30. It is helpful to bring a pen and pad with you and it is fine to bring your baby too.
To book please get in touch.
Delighted to have over 50 five star reviews on Facebook!
Linda at Baby Bliss is a fountain of baby wearing knowledge !!!
Another day of goodbyes at Baby n You 😔 The fabulous toddlers finished their Beach Days block and had a fun filled class !!!! The Baby Kindermusik class finished Little Red Caboose with an energetic class as always !!! Baby yoga finished their block too !!!
Thanks for all my lovely gifts today so kind of you !!
A fond farewell to some of you and I thank you so much for coming along to my classes. To the rest of you – see you in August !!!
Have a fantastic summer everyone whatever you get up to 😎👋
Big day today as we reach the end of blocks!! The Kindermuisk toddlers finished Beach Days and we had a super fun class especially as a few of my lovely toddlers are too old to continue 😢 thank you for the lovely flowers 💐 most unexpected x
The baby Kindermusik finished Little Red Caboose and had a great class full of fun and trains 🚂!!
The baby massage class completed their routine by adding the back massage in. The babies all graduated with flying colours !!!
This is a great guide for bedtime so bubbas are just right !
🍏🍎🥑🍅Fantastic Weaning Workshop this morning. 🍆🌽🥕🥒
Really informative with great advice from Michael Walne who is a nutritionist and specialises in weaning and childhood nutrition.
Next Weaning Workshop coming in August/September.
Baby Yoga this morning did fabulous back arches (see picture !!)and had fun being flying babies !!! The baby massage class was lovely and chilled as we added on the chest and arm massage. Beginners Baby Yoga class did lots of core and neck/chest strengthening exercises.